3 Adaptogenic Mocktail Recipes
Rael Petit is an internationally acclaimed mixologist, crafting unique libation menus for events, restaurants, and luxury resorts in Switzerland, The Bahamas, NYC, The Hamptons and pretty much everywhere in between. Rael even spent time at Brasserie Les Halles where Anthony Bourdain began his culinary career before launching his own restaurants and cocktail event company. Using our Adaptogenic Super Tea as a canvas, Rael crafted 3 unique mocktail recipes below to help you beat the heat in these waning summer weeks.
The Virgin Mary Mocktail
I love Sunday Funday and always seem to enjoy prepping Bloody Mary’s for brunch! Here is a fun mocktail variation of a Bloody Mary made with Clover’s Restore blend that includes Tomato, Turmeric, and other amazing healthy organic superfoods like ginger, black pepper, beets, and cinnamon.
Here’s how to make this perfect brunch mocktail:
1. Steep one tea bag (which is string and tag free to be eco-friendly) of Clover’s Restore Tomato + Turmeric blend.
2. Using a highball glass, rim it with a spice mixture consisting of salt, cayenne pepper, and turmeric.
3. Add a fork full of horseradish and 2 dashes of Cholula chili lime hot sauce to the highball glass.
4. Add in the steeped tea, stir, add ice and get your Sunday Funday on!
The Feel Good Flowers Mocktail
A couple years ago I used to run a tea program for a hotel for their high tea service. I used to look for some of the most original blends and funky teas I could find and in time I found some fun, unique, and healthy teas like this Adaptogenic Super Tea from Clover Botanicals.
Here is how to make this delicious mocktail:
1. Have 100 ml of boiling water in a container that resists hot water and then add 1 bag of @enjoyclover Immunity Blend, which includes super greens and Tulsi (Holy Basil), a powerful Adaptogen from India.
2. Steep for 6-10 minutes and then remove the bag after one swirl.
3. Wait 20 minutes for the tea to cool down.
4. In a shaker with no ice, pour 2 oz of the immunity tea with 0.75 oz lemon juice, dry shake and pour into a highball glass with crushed ice.
5. Top it off with some elderflower tonic.
The Unleaded Old Fashioned Mocktail
Over the years I have been enjoying drinking Yerba Mate during my travels in both Paraguay and Argentina. I sure enjoy sipping on my Yerba Mate all day.
Here’s an unleaded Old Fashioned variation I came up with:
1. Add 1 bag of Clover’s Energy blend to 200 ml of hot water and let it brew for 5 minutes, then discard the compostable tea sachet. Let the tea cool down for 15 minutes before creating this amazing mocktail!
2. Pour 3 oz of the brewed and cooled tea into a cocktail shaker.
3. Add 2 bar spoons of light Agave, and some fresh dill stirred down for 15-seconds.
4. Pour into a rock glass with a large cube. Add a Grapefruit twist, that you twist and discard, and then garnish with some more fresh dill and enjoy!