How to Make Clover Adaptogenic Iced Tea
Get your daily dose of Adaptogens over ice this summer! Adaptogens help the body adapt to various stressors and it’s important to consume them consistently for these unique botanicals to work their magic.
As the warm weather has us wanting to get outside, prep for your adventures by brewing up some refreshing and health-promoting iced tea.
Making iced tea from scratch is incredibly simple, and allows you to control the amount of sweetener you use (if any) to your preference. You probably already have everything you need in your kitchen to brew up a pitcher.
Take it to the next level by adding fruit + herbs. There are so many different combos you can create to make the ultimate thirst-quenching iced beverage.
Try all six of our Adaptogenic Super Tea blends on ice by following these simple directions:
1. Boil 1 litre of water.
2. Put three pyramid bags of your favourite Clover tea blend into a heat resistant vessel and add the boiling water.
3. Steep the tea, covered, for 20-30 minutes depending on your desired brew strength and add any desired sweeteners at this stage while the tea is hot. (See below for some suggested natural sweeteners)
4. Remove the pyramid sachets and discard in your compost bin.
5. Measure 3 cups of ice (preferred method) or 500ml of cold water and add.
6. Enjoy over ice and get creative with some of our suggested garnishes below!
This recipe makes approximately 1.5 litres of iced tea and should be consumed within 5 days. Take it on the go in your favourite, reusable water bottle, mason jar, or tumbler.
Natural Sweetener Suggestions:
• Maple Syrup
• Yacon Syrup
• Agave Syrup
• Stevia Drops
• Coconut Sugar
• Organic Cane Sugar
• Citrus fruits - Lemon, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit
• Other fruits - Peaches, Pineapple, Watermelon, Mango, Cherries, Cucumber, etc.
• Fresh mint - Peppermint, Spearmint, Chocolate Mint, Apple Mint, etc.
• Fresh herbs - Rosemary, Basil, Lemon Thyme, Lavender, etc.
• Fresh (or frozen!) Berries - Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, etc.
We’d love to see your iced creations on Instagram! Tag us @enjoyclover and we will send you a promo code for 10% off your next order!