How to Make Clover Adaptogenic Iced Tea
Get your daily dose of Adaptogens over ice this summer! As the warm weather has us wanting to get outside, prep for your adventures by brewing up some refreshing and health-promoting iced tea.
Adaptogens help the body adapt to various stressors and it’s important to consume them consistently as a part of your daily wellness routine for these unique botanicals to work their magic.
Making iced tea from scratch is incredibly simple, and allows you to control the amount of sweetener you use (if any) to your preference. You probably already have everything you need in your kitchen to brew up a pitcher.
Adaptogenic iced tea makes for a great non-alcoholic drink option at your next backyard gathering, or you can use it as a cocktail lengthener and add your favourite spirit if you’re looking for a spiked iced tea.
Keep reading for 2 slightly different ways you can make adaptogenic iced tea - a Cold Brew method, and a Hot Brew method. The Cold Brew method is the easiest to prepare but will take more time to brew while the Hot Brew method is a bit more prep but will have you enjoying an iced tea in 20-30 minutes.
Cold Brew Method:
- Pour water over 3 Clover pyramid tea bags in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate overnight, or 8-12 hours.
- Remove pyramid bags and enjoy over ice. Check out our suggested garnishes below!
Hot Brew Method:
- Boil 1 litre of water.
- Put three (3) pyramid tea bags of your favourite Clover tea blend into a heat resistant vessel and add the boiling water.
- Cover and steep the tea for 20-30 minutes depending on your desired brew strength. Add any desired sweeteners at this stage while the tea is hot. See below for some suggested natural sweeteners.
- Remove the pyramid bags and discard in your compost bin.
- Add 3 cups of ice. If you don’t have ice available, you can instead add 500ml of cold water, however ice is the preferred method.
- Enjoy your fresh brew over ice and get creative with some of our suggested garnishes below!
These recipes make approximately 1.5 litres of iced tea and should be consumed within 5 days.
Take it to the next level by adding fruits + herbs. There are so many different combos you can create to make the ultimate thirst-quenching iced beverage. Try all six of our Adaptogenic Super Tea blends on ice.
Natural Sweetener Suggestions:
- Maple Syrup
- Yacon Syrup
- Agave Syrup
- Stevia Drops
- Coconut Sugar
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Citrus fruits - Lemon, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit, etc.
- Other fruits - Peaches, Pineapple, Watermelon, Mango, Cherries, Cucumber, etc.
- Fresh herbs - Peppermint, Rosemary, Basil, Lemon Thyme, Lavender, etc.
- Fresh (or frozen!) Berries - Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, etc.
Take your adaptogenic iced tea on-the-go in your favourite reusable water bottle, mason jar, or tumbler to stay hydrated and beat the heat on those hot summer days. We’d love to see your iced creations on Instagram! Tag us @enjoyclover.